* It is important when entering your name, you use your full legal name as written on your birth certificate or drivers license. Please also verify that your social security number was typed correctly. Using nicknames or failing to type a correct social security number may delay or invalidate your check
Please follow the following steps to submit your Criminal History Background Check application:
- Visit the Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History website at epatch.state.pa.us.
- Click on the “New Record Check” which is a free check for volunteers.
- Select the Volunteer Acknowledgement checkbox and click the Accept button.
- Complete the Personal Information form (this indicates who is requesting the check) with the following information:
...and click the Next button.
|Reason For Request:
|Volunteer Organization Name:
|Volunteer Org. Phone Number:
|Address Line 1:
||P.O. Box 594
|Address Line 2:
||[your email address]
||[your phone number]
- Review the information on the Personal Information Review page, then click the Proceed button.
- Complete the Record Check Request form (this indicates who the record check is for) and click the Enter This Request button.
- If a check is being requested for another individual, complete the form again for the additional individual and click the Enter This Request button. If not, skip to step 8.
- Click the Finished button to see the list of requests entered.
- Click the Submit button to submit the request(s).
- Once the requests have been processed, click on the control # for each request.
- Click on the “Certification Form” link and print the Record Check Certification.